Keeping your house clean is important for you and your family for many reasons. Besides enhancing its overall appearance, a clean house will also bring peace of mind and instill positivity in your life. A messy house can lead to a cluttered mind; on the other hand, a clean home is closely associated with happiness. Therefore, ensure that your home is clean at all times with regular cleanings from a professional cleaning company, and/or proper cleaning by yourself on a regular basis.
With a busy schedule, it can be difficult for you to look after the housekeeping. That is why you should hire cleaning professionals for the job, which leads to a critical question: how to keep your house clean in the interim?
Fret not! Below are a few ways to keep your house clean between cleaning visits!
1. Invest in some tidy boxes: Clutter is our worst enemy. However, putting away lots of little things can be overwhelming. Therefore, you should get some tidy boxes for each room. Ensure these boxes are easy to carry and port. Then, at the end of each day, put all the leftover clutter in these boxes and put them away later.
2. Write a tidy-up schedule: There might be some rooms in your house that get messier faster than others, especially playrooms, kitchens, or kids’ rooms. We recommend setting a weekly cleaning schedule for these areas of your home where you run through a checklist of the routine cleaning that should be done. We’ve even found some unique ways to get the kids involved and excited about developing better cleaning habits themselves!
Creating good cleaning priorities in your home can be difficult. We recommend walking around your house and noting which rooms get the most cluttered. This can change over time, so we recommend this evaluation on a monthly basis or every few months. Then, ensure that your family knows to tidy these up before the cleaning professionals arrive. This should only take a couple of minutes on a weekly, or even daily basis and can easily be built into your kids daily tasks!
3. Scan each room: When your guests leave or at the end of each day, quickly scan each room. Make sure your home looks like how it ideally should. Put all the things back in their correct place and ensure everything is in order.
4. Look after the bathroom: The bathroom is a crucial part of your house that requires extra attention. It is the section of the house where you first go to brush, freshen up, and bathe in the morning. Therefore, get some cleaning supplies, such as antibacterial wipes, and store them in your bathroom. At the end of the day, wipe down the toilet seat using those wipes and clean down the sink. This will help you disinfect the germs on surfaces and maintain a hygienic bathroom until the next cleaning session.
5. Vacuum between visits: Although the dust depends on your lifestyle and flooring choices, if you have pets, the dust will surely build up at the end of the week. Therefore, vacuum your living area and other commonly used sections of your house between the cleaning visits.
6. Take out the trash: Your trash should also be in the right place. Dump the garbage on time and recycle whatever you can; otherwise, the counters and tables will be piled up with things that have no ideal place.
About The Happy Clean
You must have understood how to keep your house clean in between cleanings. At The Happy Clean, we offer commercial and residential cleaning services, allowing our clients to experience total happiness with a clean home. We also do move-out and move-in cleaning with an unflinching eye for detail. Our clients choose us because we offer a faultless booking process and the perfect cleaning within your budget. For more information, contact me at 512-964-2571, write a mail to [email protected] or book an online cleaning session.